Thursday, June 24, 2010

Impotent Expectorant

Image by Paivi Hintsanen




He covers his mouth first
then coughs out
what he resents but only
those dull
and blunt
make their way out, anything
dangerous remains down
in the dark
of his tonsils where
they spark
and catch like
histaminic stars
there is no milk to coat
his angry throat, no ice
to comfort his mute and
swollen fury
he can only contain
and clench,
can only keep
his
dark mouth shut
This is in response to last week's big tent poetry prompt. I am rather late wtih this one, though I'm enjoying the good stuff at big tent poetry very much! Last week's prompt gave us a great wordle to work with, though I did not use all of the words...

2 comments:

  1. This reminded me of when my son had his tonsils out. He was only 3 years old and VERY angry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, what a disturbing photo! Resembles Tom Cruise, of whom I am no fan for the times he has failed to keep his dark mouth shut!

    ReplyDelete