Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wish me luck!

It's been a bit of a dry spell for me lately--
so I'm off
to a cabin on the lake
where I hope to work on my relationship
with my poetic muses
My goal is simple but daunting--
to have at least one poem
to post by Monday
The longer I delay
the next poem
the harder
and scarier
it is to write it
and the easier it is
to put it off
I hope to return
with a postable poem
and I plan to visit
my favorite blogs
once again
Wish me luck!
I miss writing and just as much
I miss all of you.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I certainly do miss you! I have no doubt that you will return with marvelous poem(s) in hand.
    I'm trying to write too and feel stuckstuckstuck and it doth sucksucksuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely understand. Enjoy your retreat; I know your muses will speak to you & the resulting conversations will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck - I am actually inching toward my annual poetry hiatus. I am looking to bone up on some others' work in the fall and winter, then come back fresh around mid-January, like a budding sakura. I don't read enough poetry. Most of it is not that good. Including my own. Hope you are pressurizing some gems.

    ReplyDelete