Sunday, October 31, 2010

Will and Won't (again)


Happy Halloween! I've not posted anything for quite a while because quite frankly, my life is quite crazy lately. I've got pieces of poems chasing themselves around in my head, and I hope to post something new soon. In the meantime, however, here's a poem I wrote and posted a few years back. I hope it's spooky enough to add to your Halloween enjoyment! ~Erin
I will do anything
I will stuff it
Feed it sweet and sticky
I will sleep it
Snore it deep and throaty
I will soak it
Scrub it wet and steamy
I will jam it
Shove it dark and dusty
I will swallow it
Gulp it fast and bubbly
I will shun it
Slight it rude and sneaky
I will hold it
Clutch it tight and sweaty
I will stroke it
Pet it long and lovely
I will pack it
Haul it long and heavy
I will nurse it
Grow it strong and scary
But look at it
Or name it
I just won’t

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! I am glad that you chose to re-post this one; it would be a pity to miss it.
    All of those pieces will fit together eventually in some way or other. Look forward to reading how you've done it!
    Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete