Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Stimulus, what stimulus?




I have been reading about the GOP opposition to the stimulus package and about President Obama's call for compromise. I appreciate bipartisanship, but I am worried about the watering down of this bill. The Republicans are acting like they are now the guardians of fiscal responsibility so they can have an excuse to not spend money to help low income and middle class Americans. I have enough stress in my life right now without people like Mitch McConnell and John Boehner making me nuts. So, to channel my frustration, I have come up with a few GOP haikus. Not great poetry, but good therapy. The last two break the 5-7-5 rule, so my apologies to haiku purists...


Permanent tax cuts
To fix our ailing wallets
Worked well so far right?

Privatize problem
Socialize the solution
Screw all the workers

Ignore rejection
Act like we won election
GOP to the rescue

All of a sudden
They don’t like big deficits
Are you f---ing kidding me?

No comments:

Post a Comment