My royal duties now require me to share 7 awesome things about myself with you, and pass this award on to 7 of my favorite bloggers. Sound the royal trumpets! Here ye! Here ye!
7 Awesome Things about me
1. I kick some serious butt at air hockey. It's true. Just ask my sons.
2. I am also freakishly good at paddling a paddle ball. I have no natural athletic ability at all, but apparently I am an air hockey/paddle ball savant.
3. My students think I am cool. Well, at least some of them do. They told me so just earlier this week. I'm finally cool! Where were these people when I was in high school?
4. I have the most amazing sons in the world. That is no over-exaggeration. They are extraordinary.
5. I can balance marshmallows on my nose, but only when I am camping.
6. I love the Emily Dickinson poem "I started early, took my dog." It's not a textbook Dickinson standard, but it is a fantastic, sexy poem. Look it up!
7. I have more freckles than I can count.
And now, I bestow this award upon the following bloggers:
Annie at blissful bohemian. Check out her beautiful spirit and her beautiful pottery!
Anne at moremadder. Her musings about working motherhood are hallmarks of blunt eloquence.
Jessica GC at paperdreams. One of my favorite blogger/poets!
Angie at woman ask the question. I love the name of her new blog, and I love her poetic stylings.
Kelly at redsart. My cousin and fellow red-haired goddess who just happens to be an incredibly talented artist!
"Athena" at athenathoughts. She's a college English instructor, a doctoral student, and a mom. She doesn't blog often, but when she does, it is well worth the wait!
Thanks again for the coronation, Kathleen. We retire now to our royal bedchamber where we shall put up our feet and read a good book.