Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I don't think I can


Today's napowrimo prompt from readwritepoem asked us to brainstorm ideas beginning with the words "I don't think I can..." My list is rather random, but I decided to go with it...
I don’t think I can
Go vegetarian
Or take Oprah too seriously
Or ever, ever want to go running

I don’t think I can
Take an online quiz to find out what desperate housewife I am

I don’t think I can go more than 24 hours
Without burying my nose in a book

I don’t think I can ever live peacefully in a world that still gives
Dick Cheney airtime

I don’t think I can help my fourth grader with math much longer
Or be the kind of mom who offers him 20 bucks for each base hit

I don’t think I can ever
Twitter
Or live in Texas

I’m not sure if I’ll ever
Find downward dog restful
But I am sure I’ll never swallow
Chicken soup for my soul

But most of all
I don’t think I can
Ever, ever forgive people
Who pluralize noun’s
With apostrophes

Is that wrong?

9 comments:

  1. Love it! I think I agree with you on most of them (although I am on Twitter).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny list, especially the bit about downward dog (I'm so bad at yoga). I'm with you on most of it, though I must confess I've been trying to Twitter (and not doing it very well).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic...clever...perfect! It's hard to pick a favorite part :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was fun. I really liked the Dick Cheney thought. Though I think I would have been a wee bit more rude.

    Thanks for visiting Prattle. Let me know what the kids think of Zombie Haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nope.


    I like this Erin! Made me smile. (and I don't think I can twitter either!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so identify with all of yours. I remember when my son started algebra in 4th grade and I could no longer help him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, this is inspiration--I'm going to try my hand at this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gads, this was so great! Love the line about Cheney. But my favorites were:
    "I don’t think I can ever
    Twitter
    Or live in Texas"

    I can't imagine ever Twittering, and my ex was a Texan.......

    ReplyDelete